Bonkers to believe in the Creation story:
I heard a young person say the other day that if anybody didn’t believe that Evolution was right must be bonkers.
Do we believe that God made mankind and the animals as separate, individual species, or do we believe that everything came from single celled organisms?
Does it matter?
If the first chapter or so in Genesis was a nice story and not true, why would God want to start His ‘God breathed’  book with that?
Surely if everything evolved into more and more complex creatures, then He would want to say that.
Why would He describe in detail something that was not true – Him creating things instantaneously out of nothing.
Why would He reinforce the notion that each section was a day? And He elaborates the meaning of the days:
“God called the light ‘day’, and the darkness he called ‘night’. And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day….”
v8: “And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day….”
v13 “And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day….” etc. 
Is the Creation story in Genesis a parable?
Some people say that this is like a parable, but the wording sounds too definite – as if it is describing something that really happened.
Parables tell a story about something which is fundamentally true – it is not based on anything which is untrue.
If the Creation story in Genesis was a parable, then it would be fundamentally untrue if humans had evolved.
There is so much evidence for Evolution:
Christians are getting less and less confident with the Creation story, almost on a weekly basis we are told on TV programmes that such and such is millions of years old and this is a constant voice that tells us that the Bible is not reliable.
But there are many scientific facts that support a young earth.
Also there are many flaws in the Evolution theory. Many people don’t realize that Evolution is a theory – it is not rock solid fact (excuse the pun!)
When people marvel at Evolution they are not giving praise to God. Creation is part of the glory of God.
By explaining that all of this world evolved we remove giant Evangelists for God. What do I mean?
These Evangelists speak every language in the world, they speak about God day and night and are in every country and sea.
They are described here:
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” 
Yes, God’s created heavens and skies (and the whole of creation) speak about God – they are His Evangelists, but unfortunately their voices have been rendered almost obsolete by the voices of Evolution.
Here is an expanding list of further articles:
- (This article) Creation or Evolution – does it really matter?
- Humans and dinosaur’s together? Part 1 Did the dinosaurs really become extinct 65 million years ago? See some evidence that suggests; ‘No!’
- Humans and dinosaurs together? Part 2
- Are dragons real creatures?
- Understanding fossils: Are fossils as old as evolutionists claim them to be? How easy is it to investigate the bones, & what did dinosaurs look like?
- Accuracy of Fossil Dating Methods Part 1. What is Radiometric Dating? Are dates manipulated?
- Accuracy of Fossil Dating Methods Part 2. Wrong dates for a known age of rock. Is the Isochron dating technique “foolproof”?
Do all the different dating methods agree? How carbon 14 creates a problem for evolutionists.
- The Standard Geological Column: That everyone can agree on.
- How quickly do rock layers form? Answer: A lot quicker than we are led to believe. Are there transitional fossils?
- The earth’s catastrophic history: Very rapid, deep burial of fossils. A widespread erosion surface: The Great unconformity. Eustatic sea levels.
- Millions of years gaps: Paraconformities. Colonized sea-floors (hardgrounds).
- Fossil tracks, dinosaur eggs and nests. What are the first tracks to be found in the fossil record and why?
- Explaining the fossil record. Why that particular order of fossils? Imagine this scenario….
- Fossil Chart to accompany the article above ‘Imagine this scenario’
- The horror of the flood as recorded in the Bible.
- Some facts & figures about Noah’s Ark. Would the ark have been sea worthy?
- Could Noah have built such a huge ship?
- Other Flood stories from around the world.
- Could the earth be 1000’s of years old, and not billions of years?
 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
 Genesis 1:5-13
 Psalms 19:1-4